Opionions on FC-PGA coolers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opionions on FC-PGA coolers.

I just received a PIII 600E retail that came with a horrible Intel cooler that hates to be overclocked. Anybody got any recommendations on cooling that doesn't cost $60.00?

------------------
    PIII 650E at 805Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F (ain't none better!), 384MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

I also have the 600e FC with the retail heatsink. I removed the intel paste and replaced it with a thin layer of thermal grease and it cools the cpu well in my aopen full tower case. The heatsink must be installed perfectly though (its difficult and may take a couple of attempts). I have both Asus P3B-F and P3V4X. Both boards will run the cpu on the 133fsb (default 1.65 volts) turning the 600e into an 800eb. Temp ranges from 28C to 60C spikes depending on load.

Comment

I ended up going for a Tennmax Mega7 cooler, i'll let you all know how it does.

------------------
      PIII 650E at 805Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F (ain't none better!), 384MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

The Titan Majesty(Golden Orb like) is nice, and it is cheap too. My 500E@765 isn't warm at all.
        Jan M.

Comment

I just paid $18.05 shipping included for a Golden Orb. This cooler is amazing. In almost all the reviews that i've read, this one comes very very close to the Globalwin FPK32. The problem with the Globalwin is that it's huge, and more expensive. Check www.2cooltek.com for the Golden Orb.

Cmag
          Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

Comment

Shame they anodized it gold, it would work better black.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have no doubt that you're right Greebe, but for someone who runs their computer with the case off all the time, it sure looks purty!

Cmag

------------------

Comment

I have a VGS08H globalwin cooler which is intended to be used with PII and PIII's.To mount it on the CPU there must be 4 small holes on the CPU module(i assume they exsit on PII and PIII SECC2 modules).Now since I intend to use a FlipChip CPU on a Slot1 MoBo using a FCPGA to Slot1 converter I wanted to know if anybody out there knows if there is any converter with the needed holes(or if all of them have 'em).

------------------
                -=Jimmy=-
                -=Jimmy=-

Comment

I've got an Asus slocket. It's got four holes in it. Didn't realize what they were for until I read your post. May give me more options on which hsf to use. Currently got plastic ties routed through the holes, holding a golden orb securly to the slocket. I can't get the darn thing to lock down.

------------------
                  ASUS P3V4X,Celeron 366@550, 2.26v, 128mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 10GB, 4.3GB Fujistu, Creative 24x, Creative X-Gamer, NIC (DSL baby!), ISA Modem

Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Hi Rick,

You have done a smart thing by using the wire ties as opposed to the clip. The Golden Orb has problems fitting a little too tight on some slotkets such as the IWill and Asus (but not the Abit), and can actually damage FCPGA chips.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                    X