Compaq notebook dumbass drivers frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compaq notebook dumbass drivers frustration

Either I am a huge dumbass or Compaq is a huge dumbass.

My Compaq Presario 1260 crashed and I lost the seup utility diska a while back. I reloaded Win98se but the modem is not working. When I try ADDing my modem in the intall h/w section, Win98 asks for the Compaq-Presario 56K-DF modem drivers, and I do not have them.

ALSO, I can't find them on the ridiculously designed Compaq site. I tried calling compaq, but busy all the time.

Does anyone know where I can find these drivers, or can contact me to download the setup disk them.

help from a compaq dumbass

thanks

I had the same trouble with a different Presario. The only way was to use the Setup Disk and reload everything. I finally found mine, so I guess you'll have to contact Compaq and buy a new one. (This is one circumstance which, in my mind, would justify the purchase of a CDR/W drive. Just to duplicate the Setup disk 2 or 3 times.)

If you can't get one from Compaq, I would go to one of their bulletin boards and post your request with the computer's model number on the title. You might get lucky.

Good luck

PS I think Compaq is a big dumbass for all the proprietary cards and drivers needed for many of their computers.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 01 May 2000).]

Comment

Every thime a customer brings in a Compaq I shuders!

Their desktopsystems are pure horror.
      Usualy they come with big stickers on the proclaiming "Uppgradability" and such!

And when you pop the "hud" , you emeidiatly
      sees that they lie!!

The worts i ever saw was one with the Cpu under a passive heatsink that was intergrated into the mb epoxy making it imposible to switch cpu despite the jumpers that actualy was awailable.
      It had one dimm soket and two pci slots one was used by an internal softmodem!

------------------
      INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
      G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
      SBlive
      256 MB RAM CAS2
      43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
      Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
      SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
      X