Dual Head and win2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Head and win2K

Anyone using win2K and duel ok? This is the only thing that has stopped me from upgrading.
    I couldn't live with out it!

Thanks

lancepr,

i am. in win2k though it is one big monitor, no individual settings. this is a msft anomolly in handling a video card such as the g400 dh. supposedly it will be corrected in sp1 for win2k. i've gotten totally used to the current win2k scheme at present, so much so, that i hope that it is still available as an option.

there is one limitation...if you have different monitors, you will be limited to the "least capable" monitor in a multi-monitor mode. my desktop is 2560 x 1024 16 bit.

i stripped win98 off of this system because win2k was running all my programs plus 3 of the current games(q3a,ut & sof)that i'm inclined to play every once in a while.

win2k is very solid and matroxs' drivers only get better with time, i haven't regretted moving totally to win2k.

Configuration:

Motherboard: AMI MegaRUM II, dual 600Mhz Pentium III processors (installed), each with a 32/512 Cache configuration. 512 Mb of PC100(CAS3), 8ns memory. Symbios Logic 53C896 U2W SCSI controllers. Intel 443GX Xeon chipset.

SCSI I/O:

Channel 1(LVD/U2): 4 Seagate LVD Cheetah 18LP, ST39103LW Ultra2 Wide SCSI-3 hard Drives, each with 1024k cache.

Channel 2(SE): JAZ 2GB internal, Plex-Writer 8/20, Pioneer DVD-303s ultra-scsi DVD reader and 2 UltraPlex-Wide 17/40 speed CD-ROM drives.

USB: USB Zip Drive, Epson Stylus Scan 2500, Intellimouse Explorer

Networking: The network adapter is a 3Com 3C509B-TX PCI 10/100 Mbps controller, and a US Robotics Courier V.Everything 33.6/28.8/x2/V.90 internal ISA modem.

Video: Matrox G400 Max with Dual Head. The primary display is a Panasonic PanaSync E21, .25-dot pitch, 20" viewable; the secondary display is a Samsung 17" Flat Panel Display(.264mm pitch) model 770TFT.

Multi-media: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live PCI Bus Mastering sound card. Speaker system is the Cambridge Works FPS2000 Digital speaker system.

i'll be snapping in a couple 800 mhz cumines in about a month(..100mhz fsb)

chucky

Comment

Working...
    X