Need some crazy info ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some crazy info ...

I am interested in building a Freon based cooling mini system. If you have any info on where to either buy or get supplies (i.e.: mini compressor or heating element(s) or mini containers/condensors), please let me know.

Thanks,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Dimi, contact ASEtech.
    This won't be as simple as you might think and requires a license for the freon.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Don't know about the US, but in Europe Freon has been banned for many years now. It damages the ozone layer quite badly.

There are however substitute product (don't know any names). But do you really think that you can build such a system yourself ? I don't have any experience on the "cooling field", but I think it would save you a lot of trouble (and maybe also money) if you simple went out and bought a pre-built system. (or maybe you could buy a used refridgerator and rip of the cooling syst.).

Torben R.
      G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

Thanks for the info. I never said it would be easy btw, but it should be fun.... I might actually be able to get the freon from school, but I don't know about the other parts....

Dimitri

------------------
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Dimi, just get any licensed HVAC tech to do it. That way your safe and so is the rest of the world.

Rohde, freon is a generalized term for a group of chemicals based on chloronated florocarbons and some are more reactive than others. For instance Halon which is used to extinguish fires in larger buildings and around electrical equipment is 10x more damaging to the ozone layer than the typical Freon 22 once used in AC systems.
          FYI if you combust freon, it chemically breaks down into fosgene gas ie mustard gas!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Guess we don't want Dimi to stumble from his lab being gassed in Mustard Gas...

If he can still stumble, that is...

Btw, Dimi, why not ask you dad? As he's an electrician, he should be able to provide you with an address on used or going to waste fridges??

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well Jord, I suppose I might be able to stumble after that... hehe

Anyway, I was talking to my dad and he is going to help me build it, so getting the liscence and all the technical "crap" is not a problem. We were just trying to find a place that sold the mechanical parts (to save us the trouble of making them....)

Dimitri who is very environmentally conscience, especially when it comes to combusting freon and the likes...

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 02 May 2000).]
              --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X