Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98lite and Grpconv.exe errors

Hey everyone ..
    I knew about 98lite from this forum .. u guys RLUE.
    I installed it with the sleek setup ( no IE 4 and win95 explorer )
    While it was in the setup after the 1stor 2nd reboot .. i don't remember ( where it should make ur programs icons and start menu shortcuts ) it game me the error : Grpconv.exe is linked to missing shell32.dll .. of course the shell32.dll is the one from the win95 osr2 and Grpconv.exe is obviously the program that makes the start menu programs ..anyway .. i continued setup .. and it finally works ..
    the problem now is that there r no program group .. only start up group .. and the file context menu doesn't have the send to option .. and there's no "My Documents" folder on my desktop.
    after installing some programs ( get right ) some of the programs showed up but not all . still missing the send to and my documents folder.
    anyone knows about a fix for that ?
    btw 98lite is really really fast .. almost win95
    GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

The problem with send folder i will hawe to investigate further...
    But the other broblems are realy only cosmetic as you can easly make a shortcut on your desk to my dokuments (btw it's a souped up shortcut in standard w98) and do the same with those missing programgroups in startmeny!

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    256 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

thanx for the info technoid .. i tried the chubby install today .. everything now works ok.
      I think i will then run the 98lite again and only choose this time to use the win95 explorer.
      I guess this is the best one can do .. install it as chubby then doing the sleek later.
      bye

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Working...
      X