System Dieing?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Dieing?!?!?!?

Ok, ive got the stuttering problem with my system again. Games run at normal FPS, but stops for a couple frames every 3 or 4 seconds creating this stuttering effect.

I was playing aroundm, try to fix the problem and i ran SiSoft Sandra 2000 CPU benchmarks. To my horror my CPU dropped 200 MIPS! It also dropped a couple MFLOPS. This scares me because my CPU has always scored within -+5 points, always! What is going on here? I also ran it a couple more times. Same numbers. Reset bios defaults, same thing. Reset bios (jumpers on motherboard). Got it to run at normal scores once, but stuttering still there.

Its still not working
    I went though and removed EVERYTHING in device manager in SAFE MODE and reinstalled my HD's motherboard , ect. and vid card only. Stil no luck.
    Im really stumpted here. Could my generic POS AZZA BX motherboard be the problem?

BTW All irg's are fine. Nothing shared, and G400MAX on irg11 by itself(w/ PCI Stearing of course.)

Argg thanx guys. I think i need to sleep this off. Maybe the boys/girls in Europe will have some answers when i get back on tommarow.

------------------
    PIII 450 @ 504
    generic BX motherboard
    G400 MAX : )
    GlobalWin VOS32!
    Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
    Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
    Creative 36x CD-ROM
    128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
    NetGear 10/100
    MX300
    Cable Modem
    Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)

[This message has been edited by Dyre (edited 26 April 2000).]

Time to format & reinstall?

Comment

Is your computer connected to a network all the time? Some NIC's in Win98 will cause serious problems for the OS. This same issue has popped up a few times on the forums.

If you have NIC enabled, but are not connected to anything, disable it in Device Manager, reboot and see if it helps. You may also want to make sure you have the newest BIOS and drivers for your NIC, too.

If this is not the case, a fresh install of the OS may be needed.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Mayby it don't like overclocking?

------------------
        INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
        G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
        SBlive
        256 MB RAM CAS2
        43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
        Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
        SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Stuttering problem every 3 to 4 seconds huh? My mind races back to a certain McRhea problem sometime back... Check your Anti-Virus program and if possible, disable it to check your harddrive every so often !!

Best is to disable it all-together or have it scan on the fly only

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 02 May 2000).]
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
          X