Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• athlon cache soldering-where in uk?

Try this link http://www.macombwholesale.com/Athlon/guideL2Cache.htm

Now all you have to do is find someone whom can solder SMD devices well. I can but I'm in the US. Sorry
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

thanks for the link greebe, i'm sure i'll find someone able, soon i hope, i'm getting itchy fingers.

Comment

Anyone of these UK companies may be able to help you.
      http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ http://www.cpu-overclockers.co.uk/ http://www.powercomputing.co.uk/

Comment

thanks for the links rogue, have emailed all 3, so touch wood i'll be in luck.

Comment

athlon cache soldering-where in uk?

hello all,

wish to get my cache soldered to 2/5 on my 0.18 600 3.3ns cache, it runs up 715mhz with cache at 1/2. when i disable l2 cache in bios i can run at 850mhz all day with no problems, as there isn't a chance in hell of me trying to move the resistor/s myself i need to find a place in the uk?. could someone point me in the right direction please.

many thanks.

tuco.

Comment

Contact Greebe who is a regular in these halls, he might have something really handy for that purpose ...

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

well i,ve found two places that will do it for me, the thing is has anyone managed to get the new l2 cache program for the athlon that works from the bios?, i'd rather do it that way than altering the cpu. only problem is you need to be registered to d/l & registration is closed.

Comment

forgot to say the program is at www.h-oda.com .

Comment

H.Oda's Athlon fsb/L2 cache proggy is a waste of time. Unless you can set the L2 cache at bootup the cpu will not be able to run at the increased multiplier setting you're hoping for. There is no other way of getting around this issue other than physically changing the L2 cache resistor settings.

------------------
                  Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
                  Anyone up for an Athlon800+? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency w/ active cooling
                  CPUmark99 75
                  FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41, Athlon@850mHz

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

greebe,

its just been posted & it writes to the bios so works at boot. you've got the insight on these things, have a look on h-oda & see. you wouldn't happen to be a member would you?

Comment

Working...
                    X