Forcing 1x on a SS7 and V770 Card- Need TNT2 Guru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing 1x on a SS7 and V770 Card- Need TNT2 Guru

Posting this here among people that I have come to trust over the last two years, since the Nvidia newsgroups turn out to be pretty useless on the subject.

I have an Epox EP-MVP3C2 MB with a V770 TNT2 that I am putting together for a good friend. Using Win98SE and loading any AGP GART in 'normal' mode from a 4-in-1 pack newer than 4.17 results in AGP 2x being enabled. D3D seems to be OK in 2x mode, but he wants to play Q3A, and it crashes immediately in 2x mode.

Normal mode installation with the 4-in-1 4.17 VIA GART forces 1x, and Quake is fine. However, there is a pretty good speed increase in D3D with the 4-in-1 4.20, but I need 1x mode to stablize OpenGL. Installing the 4-in-1 4.20 in 'normal' mode allows 2x AGP...I suspect because this release supports the 133A chipset and AGP 4x (Turbo for 4x, normal for 2x). I need 1x!

The Matrox cards can be Reg Hacked easily. Is there something similar for the Nvidia cards? Can someone point me in the right direction or refer me to someone who really knows the Nvidia cards?

Forgot to mention that I use the Nvidia reference drivers from the 3.xx series...if it makes a difference. The Diamond drivers seem to be pretty crummy...

Thanks for the help...

[This message has been edited by EchoWars (edited 24 April 2000).]

[This message has been edited by EchoWars (edited 24 April 2000).]

There are registry hacks for nVidia boards. I have a set of them, and half of them pertain to AGP. I can't remember which is which. If you want me to send them to you, email me.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

There are a couple of hacks specifically for SS7 boards by the way.

Here's a link:

http://www.reactorcritical.com/files...tonatorReg.zip

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 25 April 2000).]

Comment

OOps..gave up on this thread after I was told it couldn't be done. I have also seen a collection of TNT reg hacks, but no description of what the hell they are, other than the 'coolbits' thing. If you know of a hack to force 1x, by all means, send it.

Echowars

[This message has been edited by EchoWars (edited 28 April 2000).]

Comment

Downloaded 'em...what do they do and when should I use 'em???

Comment

EchoWars, the registry hack is ReqAgpRate_1.reg. The entry itself is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\System]
            "ReqAGPRate"=dword:00000001

I hope this information isn't too little, too late.

Paul
            paulcs@trainwrecker.com
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks Paulcs...was only too late by about 12 hours...took me that long to kick its butt. Your link to the Reg Hacks got the ball rolling, tho. Interesting (or not) how the Nvidia forums are bereft of much useful information; seems the intellegent users have a Matrox card, hehe.

Comment

Working...
              X