• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2xCeleron II 550 & ABIT BP6

Do they work together?

------------------
    PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I suppose you mean Celeron 2 566, and no they don't

The new Celeron 2 are FCPGA, the old (and thereby the BP6) are PPGA.

I've read about a FCPGA->PPGA converter card, but I don't think it has reached the marked yet.

Also, Intel has supposedly crippled dualability in the new Celeron 2.

------------------
    P3 500, 224 MB ram, G400 16SH,
    Maxtor DM 40+ 30GB, IBM Deskstar 16GP 10GB, Maxtor 4320 13 GB
    SB Live Value
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

The celeron 2 fcpga chips are non-smp capable currently, so you would be unable to do that.
      You could run dual coppermines with a Powerleap FC-PGA---> Socket370 adapter

Comment

What do you mean non-SMP capable? I know in the past, Intel has disabled the CPU, so that it appeared to not be SMP capable, but Slotkets got around that (it was just a pin-out). I assume this is similar (it would cost intel too much to redesign the core).
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You can take 2 of the Slot 1 P3's and run them in an SMP board. However, the official word from Intel is that you cannot do that with the FC-PGA P3's. And because the Cel2 is really a FC-PGA P3 with half the cache enabled, you will not be able to do SMP with Cel2.

Oh, well.

Comment

SMP is not possiable with current Cel2 steppings....
            Kyle at hardocp tried Them on a BP6 with the converter cards. Either one worked fine by its self, but no POST with both installed.

however the FIRST cmines were also SMP disabled, but they work now.

Comment

Thundrchez! Go to : http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...33/default.asp for some dual 733 cumine action!

------------------
              PIII450@558, ABIT BX6-2, 256RAM, G400MAX, SBLIVE, HOTROD-UDMA66
              Join the MURC SETI team @ <A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

" TARGET=_blank>http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678

</A>
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Dual fc-pga coppermines will work together, however, you need one built after a certain date (i'm not sure what it was) because intel had to change its process as certain coppermines were haveing problems running smp.

Comment

Working...
                X