Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying parts in Las Vegas/Where?

Hi guys,

I am going/coming to the US at the end of June or July for a few weeks - we are flying in to Las Vegas and then onto Hawaii for a few days. Anyway, I was planning to buy some parts for my PC while I'm there so does anybody know good places to go in Las Vegas area (doubt there's a CompUSA in Hawaii!). Is CompUSA a good place to go? I am planning to buy small things which would otherwise cost a lot to get delivered to the UK - e.g. heatsink/fans (e.g. GlobalWin), memory, Kenwood 72x CD-ROM and other similar stuff.

I'm not going to be buying masses of stuff but does anybody know if I'll have to pay any taxes (US or UK) on the parts and whether there are any restrictions on the amount.

Thanks,

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Hello Paul. Welcome-in-advance to the USA. Hope your stay is an enjoyable one. Going to any shows in Vegas or just going to try your luck at the tables?

At point of purchase in a retail store they would charge you with State sales tax, if Las Vegas, Nevada has one. My CompUSA has basic PC stuff, nothing custom so to speak and the memory is alot higher than at an OEM type PC store.

As far as customs goes who knows what will happen when they x ray or search your bags. Might think your a terrorist or something! I don't think they charge you for taking stuff out of country, but yours will for bringing it in.

Hopefully a resident there will respond with some good info for you. If not, try the yellow pages or get online down there.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 27 April 2000).]
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
    X