CPU Temp, pushing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Temp, pushing it?

So just out of curiosity, at what temp does your CPU start becoming a molten blob of goo? I've have my P3-600E@840 to about 73C. I can tell you that that kind of temp had me a little worried. System seems to stay stable except for the fact that I have MBM enabled to shut the system down on alarm temps.

I'm planning on going out and buying an better heatsink and fan, but I'd just like to know how close i'm getting to frying this poor chip.

By the way, I've kicked it back to 800 just until I know a little more.

Cmag

------------------
    Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

I just read on AnandTech's forums that a guy called Intel when his chip was running at 76C and they said it was well within normal operating paramitters. As a matter of fact, they said that it should be able to handle between 80 and 85C. Still though, that's pretty damn hot. Think I'll upgrade the heatsink and fan anyway.

Cmag

------------------

Comment

Please check the heatsink. If you have the socket 370 flip chip it is very easy to have the heatsink out of the perfect contact required. I removed the intel thermal compound and replaced it with thermal grease. It takes me about three tries to get it right. I have three coppermines (500, 550, 600) all on 133fsb with retail HS and they all run 28-31C at idle and up to peaks in the 50's under extreme load (games are mostly in the 40's).

Comment

My slot 1 600e ran hot as hell when I first installed it ..the abit heat sensing diode and tape I put on was keeping the slug from hitting the heat sink right.I removed the diode and looked through the heatsink at a bright light and tweeked the cpu til I couldnt see light between the slug and cpu..now it NEVER goes over 44c and I oc the hell out of it..see below..something is wrong with yer setup I think..
        Good luck Matt

------------------
        Abit BF6, P3 600E AT 882,vantec 5030 cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Working...
        X