First Scan Loser, Second Always Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Scan Loser, Second Always Winner

Have had same problem with UMAX 2400S Scanners on two different MB setups.
    The first scan is awful, regardless if the scanner bulb woke from sleep or not. First UMAX scanner was returned and second one does same.

First setup was with an ASUS P2B-LS. Scanner connected to the wide 68 pin SCSI external connector using an Adaptec ACK-68P-50P-E adapter that terminates the high byte of the wide as well as converting it to 50 pin. Cable length was 6 feet internal (fast and wide combined) and 3 feet external. SCSI ID choices open were 5 and 6, tried both. UMAX support said it was "SCSI ID bleedover" so I stuck a Domex ISA SCSI card in and the bad first scans went away.

Now I have a P3B-F, and the lone ISA slot is filled with a Couier V modem, so I used a Domex PCI SCSI card in PCI slot 1. Shares an IRQ with the MAX with no trouble, but now we are back to the bad first scan again, second one OK.

Posted this on DEJA in scanners forum and got no hits, so can any SCSI-whizzes tell me is their such a thing as "SCSI ID bleedover?" I have not stuck the ISA card in the P3B-F yet to try it due to other priorities.

------------------
    ASUS P3B-F * P III 500 * 256MB ECC RAM * Two Cheetah LVD's * Barracuda UW * DiamondMAX IDE * Plextor Ultraplex 40max/Plexwriter 12/4/32 * Hitachi IDE DVD * 2940U2W * SB Live * 3Com 905B-TX NIC * 3Com Courier V. * Hollywood + * Win 98SE, Win 2000 *

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 20 April 2000).]
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70
Working...
X