BIOS settings for UDMA 66....anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS settings for UDMA 66....anyone?

ABIT BE6r2, going for UDMA 66 HD install. What settings reqd. other than enabling UDMA 66 controller in Integrated Peripherals?

Want to try today, if possible

Thanx
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

I'm using the BE6 rev 1, so forgive me if the bios settings are slightly different. Anyway, as long as you have the proper ribbon cable (DMA 66 variety), and have installed the proper drivers (I'm assuming Win98. If not, let me know), the controller will autodetect the correct DMA settings and use them for the drives connected to it.

There aren't any real settings available in the OS after the drivers are installed, since they make the controllers appear as SCSI controllers. It'll take advantage of whatever DMA is available automagically. If you have the latest BIOS installed, it should also display a screen for the HPT366 during boot, which also allows you to change settings (shouldn't need to) as well as showing what mode the controller is using for each connected device.

L8rs, and have fun with the new setup.

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Thanks Ace, I will give it a go.
      Running Win 98se and ABIT QY bios
      P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

Working...
      X