Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone tell me where these things are in win 2000 pro..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone tell me where these things are in win 2000 pro..

I just got it today and did a clean install in my new ibm 34gxp 20.5 gig hdd. I have looked around a while now and cannot find a few things that are in a different place. Scandisk,how to set a perm swap file,how to put my favorites(web pages)into the start menu,how to set DMA on my drives. I am also using the promise ultra66 controller so it is probably already dma on my hardrive but what about my cdrom.And I cant get DX7a to install, do I not need it?Thanks for any help.

------------------
    Asus P2b(1010),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 10 gb hd,Sb Live,Win 98

Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Scandisk:
    Doubleclick "This Computer"
    Rightclick the HDD you want to check!
    Chose "Preferences"
    Second tab "Tools" and your on your own!

Swapfile:
    Rightclick "This Computer", Chose "Preferences"
    "Advanced" Tab at the right.
    And press the button in "Performance"
    You should find it then

DMA:
    Rightclick "This Computer", Chose "Preferences"
    "Hardware" Tab.
    The buton in the midle field "Unitmanager"
    (i have the Swedish W2KPro and i can't remeber the exact english word)
    Find the IDE ATAPI controllers and you will find the option somwhere there

DX7a is Win9X specifik as it fix input controller IE Force feedback problems!
    And those errors are not present in W2KPro!

I am on purpose a litle vauge aboute the exact lokations because its more challanging that way!

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    256 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Technoid- thanks, you helped me find them all. I appreciate the help
      Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

Working...
      X