Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey everyone! Has MURC considered a discord server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone! Has MURC considered a discord server?

Long time no speak! I drop in like once a year to check who's still left Who even owns MURC these days? Have you guys considered a discord server? Seems like a good spot? If not, no worries. How's everyone doing?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hey, nice to check in! Been a while indeed. How are things?
    Still many of the old gang are here, but posts are limited.
    I think Sasq is still the owner of Murc. As far as I know, no alternatives have been considered. We've had a bit of a scare when Murc.ws got blacklisted and most browsers threw warnings that it is an unsafe website. It seems to be resolved; only Opera is giving the warning. But I'd still hate to lose the connection to some of the members here. This group was with me since my first steps on internet...
    Not sure about the Discord, as it is not really a threaded format but rather a chat platform...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

From MURCer to LURKer

And yes, I really like the threaded format as opposed to a slow chat thing.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Nice to see you Helevetia. I miss MURC IRC from the old days. We should definitely get some sort of Discord or Matrix/Riot or even plain IRC going.

Comment

Hey its that font character again...

Hi

Comment

Working...
          X