Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VICTORIAN I found your problem.......

VICTORIAN,
    If you still post at this site. The problem you and I had with the AOpen AX6BC PRO and ProII running a PIII600E on a MSI MS-6905 ver.2 slocket. You know, where it would give use the black screen on booting until we hit the reset. It really turned out to be the MSI slocket. I ordered the IWILL Slocket II and now my system boots right everytime. Sorry I wasn't able to get this to you sooner. I though my was fixed with the voltage tweek but it wasn't. Hope your new system rips.

BATBOY (A day late sorry...)
    BATBOY

Damn! $190 for a new motherboad, $450 for the new memory to replace the sticks I fried and $135 for a new case and it was the Slotket? <sigh>

How did you determine that it was the MS 6905 Master slotket? What exactly is the problem with it (if you know)? It seems to work fine with the new motherboad. Should I be worrying about it with my new BXMaster?

Comment

I got the tip that it was the MSI slocket from the forum CPU/mother boards at www.ars-technica.com. I post the problem we were having. One of the guys over There, "Built my first" told me he has built many system using the AOpen PRO's and different versions with no problems but he used the IWILL II slocket and has had no problems with any of them. I noticed when I first booted my new system with the MSI slocket it selected the core voltage to be 1.65v rather than 1.6v. I don't know why the AOpen does not like the MSI but when I put the IWILL in it booted right up and even ran faster. I order the IWILL from www.azzo.com. Did't have to push the reset button anymore. I'll make some calls to AOpen and MSI and see if they are aware of this. If I find anything out I'll let you know. As to having problems with your new MSI mobo, I would think that it should be compatible with the MSI slocket if anything would be....

BATBOY
      BATBOY

Comment

Working...
      X