X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asdl

just had to tell someone

asdl will be hooked up and installed april 10

384/128 guarented but my buddy has it and getts 1000/128 so its not a locked service.

39.00 per month free install and equipment.

noel
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Welcome (almost)

Viva la revolution!

Watch out for a gelous DentyC, always has something bad to say about those with broadband.

Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Comment

ya i tryed to bribe the operator who took my order but i still couln't get an earlyer date. hehe.
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

My installer said that locking is done on a per line basis here. (swbell)
        They let it run at it's natural speed and then lock it down to 384 if it goes over 1500.
        I got lucky 1100 - 1450 all the time.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

May I ask what ASDL stands for???

I know of ADSL, so I assume you meant the same, merchant?

With it's max of 1.5Mbit/sec it still stays behind on certain Cable-modem-users (max 3Mbit), but yes, if you've got the chance, take it. It's faster than V.90/56kflex, even if 20 other people are using your same bandwidth

Jorden.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

opps, see what i did got so exceited only been told for the last 3years next year...... that i miss typed dsl for the world to see. (wheres my 9mm, oh the pain of it all.)

noel

Comment

I'll tell you what ASDL is as soon as you tell me what quiting is. LOL

Obligatory response follows
              Grrr boo hiss pshaw
              !!@##$%%&

DSL bastards

Well I get paid today so I'll just drown my sorrows in Red Stripe Beer

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 24 March 2000).]
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Newbie here as well.

Must say, internet radio sucks, I heard better quality on most sites from my old C64. It's kinda silly going to somewhere over in africa or russia and hearing Madonaa or something.

I find it's a nice boost, for sure, but there are still limitations, quite a few popular sites are going to be slow no matter what. 3Mb/s capability isn't going to help if the server you want to use can only spit out 56Kb/s due to congestion. Main benefit for me is 24/7 access, freed up phone line and no port blockages, and of course the speed is nice too.

Speeds average 55KB/s down, 75KB/s up, that's bytes, not bits, peaks at 60/100, the package I bought is 512/128Kb/s, so it's close to 378/128. It's great for watching unpopular video feeds, you actually get to see some use out of the bandwidth, 25KB/s is about average. Can't see any reason to get a faster package considering the speed of the net in general.

In theory, 378Kb/s should give you peak rates of about 40KB/s, probably 35KB/s avg, but if your line isn't capped you can get a lot higher. (divide by 8 and nick 13%)

Comment

Dude I'm getting 1500/128 from Earthlink. It's supposed to be 384(MIN)/128 to 1550(MAX)/128 but I'm so close to the switching office that I get 1500/128 all the time. It's definately the way to go.

Comment

Gambit, Earthlink offers DSL? hmmmmm give me some details. I am signed up for cable modem install in a few weeks but if this is possible....adios cable....BTW everyone, who are your DSL providers and in what state? I am in NH but my searching hasn't gone well....

-Dil
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

ASDL = ASymmetric Digital subscriber Line
                      ADSL = Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line

It seems as though the companies got mixed up when abbreviating - I'm fairly sure that ADSL is the final name.

Also, are you guys all in the US? Does anybody know what is happening with ADSL in the UK? Haven't heard anything in months.

Talking of the net being slow ... I get upto 900Kb/sec from Uni - good enough for writing a CD from! ... and I am also watching my current download from home whizz along at 700b/sec (Yup, I DID NOT miss out the K from Kb!). 4 hours for 10Mb's !

Paul.
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

What state? Erm, Canada.

Comment

Dilitante1, I'm here in NH (Nashua) and used Zyan who goes through Covad, I'm only 1 3/4 miles from switcher so I took 384k for $59/mo free connect and hardware after rebate, service was right on, became an LPB in only 2 1/2 weeks! not one downtime yet
                          jim
                          PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                          128mb pc-100 cas 2
                          Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                          Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                          SB Live!
                          Winblows 98se & DX7
                          and 384k DSL!

Comment

in the usa. state of CT.

telco is snet. isp for me will be snet.

but others are also planing to support in the area. snet is very quickly deploying to the entire state.

(pacbell) fastlane. ?????))))

noel

Comment

How unfair! Here in the UK, BT's ADSL is only 512kbps max. Telewest's cable broadband access is only 512kbps max too.

------------------
                              Cheers,
                              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
                              X