Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P3B-F: CPU temp in BIOS is waayy higher than PC Probe says.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P3B-F: CPU temp in BIOS is waayy higher than PC Probe says.

I just bought the P3B-F and I love it, but did any of you guys have a MAJOR discrepancy between the temperature in the BIOS and the temperature read by Asus PC Probe?? My BIOS says 45-50 degrees C and PC Probe says only 29. I'm scared man.

The Rock
    Bart

My friend still has an issue with the BIOS saying that her CPU is running at 100 degrees Celcius. She's had to disable the temp. monitor.

Good luck with your board.

Ben.
    Regards,

Ben

Config: Abit BE6-II r1, PIII 700E@933, 256MB PC133 RAM (CAS2), SB Live!, Intel 82558 10/100 Net Adapter, IBM 13.5 GXP IDE HD, Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Host Adapter, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W SCSI HD, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD-ROM, Matrox G400MAX (Yeah!), Viewsonic PS790 and E771, Win98SE and NT4

Comment

This has been an issue since the board came out. I put a P3B-F together for a friend using my old P II 400 and I was surprised it got a temp reading of processor, and it read high too.

The new 1005 BIOS was supposed to address it. Only other possibility was poor heat sink contact on OEM processors.

I am getting a P3B-F today and will be swapping my PIII 500 into it, so we'll see.

With my P2B-LS, in use with PC Probe reporting, I run at 32C MB/45C Proc. Got single fan, retail processor, and lots of fans.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 11 April 2000).]
      MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
      Matrox P
      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
      LianLiPC70

Comment

SCompRacer:

The 1005 BIOS is supposed to address the issue of PC Probe reporting the temp being too hot. I have the exact opposite problem: my BIOS is reporting the hot temp, and PC Probe reports a much lower one. Leave it to me to have problems that are the exact opposite of what everyone else is having.

The Rock
        Bart

Comment

I am having a different problem altogether. The bios is reporting CPU temp N/A and the probe is saying 210 degrees C. Anyone have an answer? Would updating the bios cure this? I am using the P3B with a celeron 500. Thanks.

DJ

Comment

DJ:

Flashing the BIOS to 1005 didn't help my problem, but your problem is listed as one of the problems that it will fix. Good luck.

The Rock
            Bart

Comment

I think all P3B-F boards report the CPU temp wrong. I have about a dozen of them here at work and every one of them report it incorrectly. Otherwise it is a great board. Just disable the temp reading in the bios. If your an overclocker, this spells bad news.

xippo

Comment

Working...
              X