US Total Eclipse: August 21, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Total Eclipse: August 21, 2017

Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - On Monday, August 21, 2017, all of North America will be treated to an eclipse of the sun. Anyone within the path of totality can see one of nature’s most awe inspiring sights - a total solar eclipse. This path, where the moon will completely cover the sun and the sun's tenuous atmosphere - the corona - can be seen, will stretch from Salem, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. Observers outside this path will still see a partial solar eclipse where the moon covers part of the sun's disk. NASA created this website to provide a guide to this amazing event. Here you will find activities, events, broadcasts, and resources from NASA and our partners across the nation.

On Monday, August 21, 2017, all of North America will be treated to an eclipse of the sun. Anyone within the path of totality can see one of nature’s most awe inspiring sights - a total solar eclipse. This path, where the moon will completely cover the sun and the sun's tenuous atmosphere - the corona - can be seen, will stretch from Salem, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. Observers outside this path will still see a partial solar eclipse where the moon covers part of the sun's disk. NASA created this website to provide a guide to this amazing event. Here you will find activities, events, broadcasts, and resources from NASA and our partners across the nation.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

It's going to go right over my bro in laws house in Casper, Wyoming. Whether he's home or not, I'm camping in his front yard. Especially since all the hotels in Casper have been booked for well over a year.

Comment

Maybe your brother in law rented his front yard out as well?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
        It's going to go right over my bro in laws house in Casper, Wyoming. Whether he's home or not, I'm camping in his front yard. Especially since all the hotels in Casper have been booked for well over a year.
        For sure do it... It is one of my regrets that I did not go to witness a full eclipse many moons ago. I just started work and was not really in a position to take a holiday for it. It was noticeable from the work place (slightly darker, drop in temperature), but for sure still too partial to give any real effect.

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
        Maybe your brother in law rented his front yard out as well?
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X