No announcement yet.

Intel officially launches Celeron 2!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel officially launches Celeron 2!!!

That's right, the dream chip is coming. It will run on a 66mhz bus, meaning 850mhz looks to be easily attainable with good air-cooling. Not bad for $167!
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

A dream chip would be a celeron with a standard fsb of 100MHz!

some months ago when coppermine rumors where begining iheard a good one about celerons at 100MHz and P3 coppermine at 133MHz.

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    192 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

A 500 Mhz Athlon beats a 600 Mhz SSE Celeron. How sad.
      But the celeron is good value, though. Maybe not the cheap speed demon we would want, but I guess Intel learned the lesson when regular celerons were performing on par with PII at the same clock speed, for one third of the price.

Comment

At Celeron on a 100 bus would be worthless for o'cers, as the multiplier would be too low and you would have to be running in the 150 mHz FSB range. This is why pIII's arent good for o'cing either! Im sorry, no ones system is going to be stable at 150 fsb....

with a 66 bus, ocing is much more feasable...

Comment

The Celeron2 will be cheap and fast! When I O/C mine to 850mhz it will blow ANY Athlon right out of the water.

------------------
          Celeron 366@567 2.2V, 128meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Maniac, I don't doubt that it will be fast, but I'd watch that universal comparison... There's some mighty fast Athlon rigs out there... (And they OC as well) - Right Greebe??

Guyv
            Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
            - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
            - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
            - 6.1 Digital Audio
            - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
            - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
            - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
            - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
            - LS120 IDE Floppy
            - Zip 100 IDE
            - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
            - NEC FE950
            - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Spitfires are right around the corner,if one judges by the talk around town,they sound quite good!
              Problem being, I haven't heard any talk about a mobo to put them on!

Comment

You bet your sweet bippy on that one Guyv!
                Glad to see U online again, too

I'm not sure if I'll get a Spitfire (eh maybe) but they sure look sweet and from what I hear... will be another nail in Intel.

Dyre, Rags has had his running stable @ 150mHz FSB and that was using Crucial (Micron) 7E mem, which I happen to have 256 megs of.

Alfie, they are SlotA cpu's, so the current stock of Athlon MB's out will happily do.

Maniac, while you crank your Celeron to 850 (more or less)... I've been there, done that for four + months already. And at a cost of $238 total to do. Don't get me wrong... I like my old celery 300a @ 464, especially when it was $78 for a retail and it's sitting pretty in my BH6/MilG200 sys too!

Now if a certain customer doesn't reply to my hails for a correct return address, I'll be stuck with his Athlon 700(250nm)@950 (didn't test higher). FYI the 2.9ns L2's on it will do better than 2.35 ns ie 850 1:2 latency! Sweet

(actually his non responce concerns me very much... and hope he isn't seriously ill or something)

------------------
                Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
                Anyone up for an Athlon800+? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency w/ active cooling
                CPUmark99 75
                FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41, Athlon@850mHz

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The Spitfires will run on motherboards using AMD's 760 chips. Motherboards using the 760 should be out June-ish. Motherboards using the 770 (dual CPU, and other stuff) shortly after.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wasn't that my new Athlon, Mike? Oh, errr, it was to be a surprise, right? So I'll send you my new address in a jiffy

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Lucky bastard

------------------
                      MSI-6167 w/ Athlon 500@750 (thx Greebe!), 128MB Crucial PC133, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Phillips CD-R, a hard drive or two, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH6.1, and Win98 (when I have to).

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Uhduh, did I say standard SlotA's? Good grief, must not drink so much Tequilla, hiccup!
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Spitfires are due out at the end of this month,Socket A boards aren't due until June?
                          What the heck kind of deal is that!

Comment

This is the real deal folks. Check it out!!
                            http://www.gamepc.com/reviews/hardwa...lermine&page=1

Strange though how a celeron 450(100fsb) crushes a celeron2 at 700(66fsb) in Q3...

Comment

"According to PCTECH hardware website, they recieved both of the ES of AMD's spitfire and thunderbird processors recently,and tested with CPUMARK clock to clock speed (600Mhz)". CPUMARK
                              THUNDERBIRD 69.3
                              SPITFIRE 61.9
                              K7 512K 56.3
                              PIII 256K 55.7
                              PIII 512K 44.3
                              CELERON SSE (FSB 66MHZ) 41.6
                              CELERON SSE (FSB 100MHZ) 48.2

"Because the ES Samples' frequency aren't locked,so they try to overclock, when the thunderbird reaches 850Mhz,the testman is so suprised because it's CPUMARK have reached the mark beyond 100!!, of course this is the fastest record ever have been reproted. They try to publish more complete tests result soon"

This was over on JC's links.
                              If true,rather interesting
                              http://www.jc-news.com/pc/

Comment

Working...
                              X