• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia, dead at 60

Dammit!! Just fracking DAMMIT!!!!

More

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...227-story.html

From the moment she first stepped onto the screen in 1977s Star Wars, the character of Leia Organa whip-smart, wryly funny and fearless enough to stand up to the likes of Darth Vader without batting an eye, with an instantly iconic set of buns on either side of her head inspired generations of young girls to be bold and inspired crushes in generations of young boys.
    And a few not so young boys

From her memoir

What you'll have of me after I journey to that great Death Star in the sky is an extremely accomplished daughter, a few books, and a picture of a stern-looking girl wearing some kind of metal bikini lounging on a giant drooling squid, behind a newscaster informing you of the passing of Princess Leia after a long battle with her head.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 December 2016, 13:26.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Dang.
    7 things you probably didn't know about Carrie Fisher

She may be best known for playing Princess Leia, but Carrie Fisher was so much more than that. Here are seven surprising facts about her:
    Last edited by cjolley; 28 December 2016, 08:05.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

She was drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra. Rest in the Force!
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

2016 has been brutal. Not just in celebrity deaths but in close personal losses as well. I'm going to gather up every 2016 calendar I can get my hands on, and at midnight, January 1, I'm burning them all in a trash can.

Be at peace, Carrie.

Comment

Not a bad idea. It sure has. I lost both my parents this year. Worst year ever.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
          X