Athlon 650 + K7Pro unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon 650 + K7Pro unstable

I'm getting spontanious (spelling?) resets with my system A-650/K7Pro...

even by touching the Athlon heatsink the system reboots immediately. Weird right?

Oh yeah, my PSU is 250W, so I'm thinking that might be the problem... is it?

I'm desperate... i've tried just about anything!
    Co-Webmaster of The Matrox Sphere
    Enter The Sphere:
    go.to\matroxsphere

Athlon 700, 256Mb 7ns CAS2 RAM, MSI K7-Pro, 10.8Gb Maxtor Diamondmax UDMA, SBLive! 1024 Player + Soundworks FPS1000, Iomega ATAPI Zip drive, Pioneer slot-in 36x SCSI CD-ROM drive, Yamaha CDRW4001t 4xWriter, 56k external modem, Winbond PCI NIC/Etherlink III ISA NIC, {bold}G400 DualHead 32Mb[/bold], Iiyama Vision Master Pro450 19' Diamondtron NF

Try swapping that p.s. with a bigger one which is amd approved. I don't imagine that would be caused by your cpu not being seated correctly, but check on it. Try posting over at www.amdzone.com as well. Between these two places, you should get that problem fixed pretty quickly.

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I suspect the power supply as well.

How's the ground wiring in your house? And in your case?

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
      X