Never too old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never too old?

My girlfriend got me a surprise: this lego mini cooper.

And it is nice! I missed a bit the lack of Lego Technic functionality (e.g. the steering wheel is not functional, no moving parts in the engine, the doors open/close using simple hinge mechanisms without locks, ...), but I've been playing with Lego Technic even when I was younger than the recommended age limit. However, this model is so nice that you just accept it. The curves of the car really resemble those of the original mini.....

The build took quite a long time; I'm sure I could have finished it faster but just did not want to rush it. The model contains many interesting usages of components (e.g. the door handles are skates that fit minifigs, the wheel arches are windows from racecars in legoland, just painted green, ...) and weird original connections in order to put components at specific angles, guaranteed to put a smile on someone who knows his way with lego blocks. In general, a nice present for a lego fan...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Awesome I need a girlfriend like that.

Comment

Working...
    X