Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k + SB PCI 128...I got problems

To anyone willing to listen...
    For some reason win2k will crash at some point while im doing ANYTHING...i notice it most often in games...and yes i know that win2k is not a gaming platform. I have the impression it has to do with my soundcard (as the title of the post suggests) and the drivers that win2k has for it off the CD, creative doesnt have the win2k drivers out for my card yet. I have noticed it when watching videos with Quicktime 4, and in the following games...UT, The SIms and diablo. It is really starting to piss me off, and i may be wrong..it may not be the sound card at all, but i would love to hear any suggestions as to why it does that.
    Thankx
    Frankfurt (who is in win98 right now, partly because of that )

------------------
    Here is my crappy system config:
    K6-2 450, 128MB SDRAM,Tyan Trinity ATX (S1598 2mb cache on board), G400 Max Card
    Windows 98SE/Mandrake Linux 7.0/win2k/beos 5.0 (free version)
    SB 128 PCI
    AOpen Lan aln-325c
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Hey Frank,

When I first tried out Win2K with my SB 128PCI sound card, the sound would sometimes play, and then sometimes wouldn't. I never experienced any computer crashes related to the sound card, but most of the time when I started games, the sound would cut out after a short while. I'm hoping it's driver related issue, but for now, I'll stick to 98 for my gaming.

Regards,

Ben
    Regards,

Ben

Config: Abit BE6-II r1, PIII 700E@933, 256MB PC133 RAM (CAS2), SB Live!, Intel 82558 10/100 Net Adapter, IBM 13.5 GXP IDE HD, Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Host Adapter, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W SCSI HD, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD-ROM, Matrox G400MAX (Yeah!), Viewsonic PS790 and E771, Win98SE and NT4

Comment

Working...
    X