MacGyver (CBS, reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacGyver (CBS, reboot)

Producer Henry Winkler's MacGyver reboot has been picked up by CBS, Variety reports.First reported [...]

Producer Henry Winkler's MacGyver reboot has been picked up by CBS, Variety reports.

First reported back in October, the new MacGyver will reportedly not be a continuation of the long-running drama series from the '80s and '90s but instead start fresh with a new and likely diverse cast.

The originally starred Richard Dean Anderson as a secret agent who disliked guns and instead relied on wits and guile. He was best known for being able to create weapons and escape strategies seemingly out of thin air.

The original reports claimed the series "will feature a 10 years younger protagonist. Twentysomething Angus MacGyver gets recruited into the clandestine organization from the original series where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening. The CBS series also is expected to chronicle how MacGyver acquired some of his famous skill sets."

'Aquaman' director James Wan is developing the series with original MacGyver producer Winkler and NCIS: LA executive producer R. Scott Gemmill. Wan will direct the pilot.

Not only has Warner Bros. previously tried to devleop a Young MacGyver series, but Wan himself tried to develop a similar concept as a feature film. MacGyver creator Lee David Zlotoff wrote a miniseries featuring the character for Image Comics in 2012.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Richard Dean Anderson needs a part in this. I'd like to see him as either MacGyver's boss or an evil, anti-MacGyver
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X