800 Shotguns Headed To Belgium From Turkey Seized In Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 Shotguns Headed To Belgium From Turkey Seized In Italy

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

A load of about 800 shotguns, from Turkey to Germany, Holland and Belgium, has been discovered and seized by the Financial Police and the Customs at the Port of Trieste. The weapons of war were transported, without authorization, by a tractor-trailer driven by a Dutch citizen turkish. The cargo consisted of 781 shotguns model "Winchester SXP" from 12-51 cm, 66 shotguns "Winchester SXP" from 12-41 cm. 15 rifle and kicking.

Tir had landed in Trieste on 23 November. The weapons were contained in hundreds of cardboard boxes, each of which containing a shotgun, all directed in Belgium. Given the peculiarities of the load, its origin and destination, the Financial Police and customs officials have declined to elaborate documentation. Although there were no irregularities of customs, it had not been requested permission to the authorities of public security for the transportation.

The Winchester SXP (SuperX Pump) is a sporting arm, not a "weapon of war." Not saying it couldn't be misused, but it's design is for small game hunting and target. There are far better, and even cheaper, options.

If you want a shotgun that is a weapon of war it would be a Mossberg 500 Tactical shotgun & attachments or a Saiga 12, among many others
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 November 2015, 06:18.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thank you for your expertise doc.

Comment

Here are some examples based on the above post.

Winchester SX3 and SXP (a conventional hunting & sport clays pump shotguns - a different stock, sighting, capacity and much longer than a tactical)

Mossberg Tactical Persuader (decked out; folding or removable rear stock, pistol grip, conventional sight and combo light: a laser sight, LED flashlight and dazzle strobe)

Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser (classified as a handgun; short, pistol grip, optional combo tactical lights, spare shell holder etc.)

Russian Saiga 12 (much like mine; a semi-automatic & based on the AK-47 action. Can also take tactical lights, a high capacity drum magazine etc.)

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 November 2015, 21:00.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X