Is there a program which ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a program which ....

Is there a program which accurately monitors the speed of your fans (individually) and the board/cpu temps? I have a K7-PRO and it came with some bullsh*t pc alert thing which didn't work for hell. Unless the fans on my alpha are really running at 35000 RPM ... Any ideas? I was thinking of getting one of those indoor/outdoor thermometers from Radio Shack, but haven't gotten around to it yet.... And that's also not a program (obviously). What do you all use?

Thanks,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

I don't have a solution to your problem, but pcalert is definitely not crappy whith the bx mobos that msi makes. It works flawessly on my 6163 mobo. The buggy behaviour on the k7 could probably be fixed with a bios update or a program update. Have you reported this to MSI?

Comment

no, I haven't reported it. Probably should though.... Um, maybe it will work with my latest bios. Now I'll have to find the disk at home. Thanks though. I'll try it again soon.

Dimitri
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Some combo's have a problem reading fan RPM's if there is more than 1 fan connected to the power header even though only one 3rd wire (carring RPM data) is attached.

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

Howdy...You can go on over to www.hotfiles.com (sorry I have no idea how to stick a link in there) and do a search for "hmonitor." It will keep track of 3 different fans, your mainboard, and 2 cpu's. It also has the option to warn you if the temps reach a certain temp. Hope that helps.

Wow, it stuck the link on there automatically...Damn smooth.

[This message has been edited by Reverend Maynard (edited 07 April 2000).]

Comment

Thanks a lot. This program is awesome! It's a shame most of my fans are straight from the p.s., so I guess I'll only know what's up with my Alpha fans.... OH well... Thanks again.

Dimitri
            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok, this program was cool until it started smokin CRACK!!! It says that my "mainboard" temp is "8.0 C" WTF!!! Unless these are some super powerful fans helping even though half my case is off.... lol Hmmm, I think it's time for one of those indoor/outdoor temp thingies....

Dimitri with a crack smokin program and 3 "105000 RPM" fans....

------------------
              Athon 700 @ 750
              MSI K7-PRO (110 version)
              G400 MAX
              128 Megs PC100 RAM (gave the rest to my grandma)
              20 gig Maxtor
              6 gig WD
              DVD-ROM (2nd gen)
              RealMagic Hollywood + DVD decoder
              Toshiba CDRW CRW8424E
              SB Live! X-Gamer (ALMOST went for the platinum, but....)

Ok people, keep those UT excuses to suck rolling in. I need all the "help" I can get...

New Excuse: My computer runs it too smoothly. I can't figure out what I'm doing without the choppyness....

--- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X