Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Sandra (I guess this is the place) ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Sandra (I guess this is the place) ....

When you use Sandra 2000 to benchmark your cpu, at the very bottom of the page, it says System Threads = 55 (for me). What does this mean?

Thanks,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

This simply means that you have 55 threads running in windows.

A thread is kind of a work unit. Each proces use at least 1 thread (the proces itself) and it can then fork of an ekstra thread if it has something that it wishes to do simultanously (there can be many reasons for using threads).

A good example are webservers. They make a thread for every user that connects.

Nothing you have to worry about though, 'cause you don't have any control over it, it's all up to the programmer.

Some (in my amatuerish opinion slightly oldschool programmers) use something called non-blocking statements, this can be used as an alternative to threads. It's a way of making a statement that doesn't stop the program (normally you have a specific line number in a program that is being processed).

Torben R.

[This message has been edited by Rohde (edited 07 April 2000).]
    G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

Got it. Thanks much.

Dimitri
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
      X