How do you hold your Kindle Voyage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you hold your Kindle Voyage?

I have had a Kindle Paperwhite for quite some time, and love it. It's the first-gen, so maybe the illumination is a little uneven but never an issue unless you want to go looking for it. And you can't set up a Family account on it.
    Having it transformed my reading habits. I used to be a '4 books while on summer holidays' guy and nothing the rest of the year. Now I read at least 30 mins every night, until my eyes start closing.

I just had a small windfall and decided to spend it on a Kindle Voyage. The thinking being I would appreciate auto-brightness sensor, the extra dpi (up to 300 from 212) and the page turn sensors would work better for me.

So far I am underwhelmed. I paid a big premium for this. Yes I now have a Family account with my wife. Don't like the auto-brightness (if you have a light source behind you, such as a bathroom window, it is very up and down if you move at all). But my biggest disappointment is the page-turn sensors. When in bed I hold it in one hand, with the my thumb along the bottom edge and my forefinger running up one side. The problem I have is, despite having what many would think of as short fat fingers, my finger tip actually rests on the page-back sensor rather than the page-forward sensor. Very frustrating, I have to resort to two hands or swiping the screen as with the old one.

I read a review that said it gets much easier when you add a case, and I have a 3rd party 'origami' case arriving tomorrow, so we will see. But at the moment I am regretting my indulgence.

1st-world problems eh?

T.
    FT.

I often used X61T for reading in portrait and I just pressed on page down on the front rocker. I could read and scroll with one hand without problems even with 2kg device.

Comment

Working...
    X