Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows wake-up timers

Hello,

I'm trying to get my Windows to start up using the windows wake up timers. Main reason is for recording of TV programs.

I use NextPVR for this and schedule the timers.
    In CMD, using powercfg / wakeuptimers, I can see that the timers have been set.
    In Power settings, wake up timers are enabled.

However, the system does not wake up from sleep. I suspect it is related to some bios settings (Asus Z97A), but I cannot find it. In the past, I got it to work, but since then there was a bios update that wiped my settings and there were updates of Windows (10). The TV tuner card was connected to the power switch cable, to allow it to power up from shutdown, but I removed this cable as it often booted the computer immediately after shutdown. And the cable should not be necessary to wake up from standby. I suspect it also worked in the past without this cable. The fact that I managed to get it to work seems to suggest it is possible. I think I'm overlooking a setting that I correctly set before; but there are so many of them.

While not my mainboard, this site has some more details on the power settings in bios, and many match settings that I have:

So, any suggestions on how to start tackling this?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Just in case somebody comes across this: waketimers do not work in Windows 10 (build 10074), and have been broken since build 9926 (or so). There are some posts on the topic at Microsoft, so for sure they know about it...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
    X