X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson suspended from BBC, end of TopGear as we know it

Jeremy Clarkson 'was on his final warning'
    5 hours ago
    Jeremy Clarkson, the host of Top Gear, has been suspended from his job by the BBC following what has been described as a fracas with a producer.
    Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday.
    TV critic Toby Earl spoke to BBC News about the broadcaster's recent controversies.

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.
    The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".
    "No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.
    Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.
    At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".
    The BBC gave no further details on the current incident involving Clarkson, and said it would not be making any further statements at this time.
    Clarkson's representatives have yet to reply to requests for a comment.

Jeremy Clarkson was suspended from Top Gear after allegedly hitting a producer named as Oisin Tymon.

It is claimed the host, 54, saw red with Tymon, 36, for not getting him dinner in time after filming for the BBC show in Newcastle.

A source said: “Jeremy saw red over a catering issue. He just snapped.”

Clarkson was suspended by the BBC as it investigates claims he hit producer for failing to get dinner ready after filming

Comment

Never could stand him, so didn't watch. An a**hat, as we call them in the Midwest.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Based on feedback I saw Clarkson was the person you either hated or liked. There was no middle road.

I was always looking forward to next top gear, guess I'll have to switch to Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or some Japanese Doramas for my TV watching

Comment

Over 400,000 so far have signed a petition to bring him back!
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
            Over 400,000 so far have signed a petition to bring him back!
            It's now over 750,000!

It's hard to think of the programme without him, or who would replace him.
            FT.

Comment

He wasn't always the host, so another guy could come in and maybe even be better. Maybe someone younger and more wholesome?
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior View Post
                He wasn't always the host, so another guy could come in and maybe even be better. Maybe someone younger and more wholesome?

Why does everyone have to be young and wholesome?
                FT.

Comment

Yeah! As opposed to old and grumpy.

I have only seen a handfull of episodes while switching challes etc but I have to say I never was bored when I did watch.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                  X