Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Leonard Nimoy

Today.

It may sound silly, and maybe a little sad, but when I was a wee tot Mr. Spock was a VERY strong male role model for me at a time when I desperately needed a strong male role model.

I'm not going to get a damned thing done today.

RIP, Sir, and thank you for so very much.

Twitter: #RIPLeonardNimoy

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

RIP to a seriously good man.
      Will be sorely missed.

Heard as I got home from work.

Edit : The Needs of the Many, Outweigh the needs of the Few.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

George Takei's facebook page

Today, the world lost a great man, and I lost a great friend. We return you now to the stars, Leonard. You taught us to "Live Long And Prosper," and you indeed did, friend. I shall miss you in so many, many ways.
        William Shatner

I loved him like a brother. We will all miss his humor, his talent, and his capacity to love.
        Patrick Stewart

It is with sadness that I heard this morning of the death of friend and colleague Leonard Nimoy. I was lucky to spend many happy hours with Leonard socially and in front of the camera. The caliber and serious commitment of his work on Star Trek was one of the things all of us on Star Trek: The Next Generation sought to match and be inspired by. His work will not be forgotten.
        Well said
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 February 2015, 15:58.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

In the words of Bones "He's dead Jim but not as we know it" RIP Leonard Nimoy / Spock
          paulw

Comment

Rip :_(
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

RIP Leonard Nimoy, you were an icon...still are!

Comment

Buzz Aldrin: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/27/opinio...ock/index.html

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Leonard Nimoy, a fellow space traveler because he helped make the journey into the final frontier accessible to us all.

Nimoy's Mr. Spock in the original "Star Trek" television show, followed by the series of movies, proved to be a seminal, enduring and endearing character.
                While the late Neil Armstrong's "one small step for man," as we began our exploration of the Moon back in July 1969, is ageless, so, too, is Spock's iconic "live long and prosper," a phrase that also spans time and space.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yeah, too bad.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Live and prosper in the afterlife.

Besides Star Trek he also did voice overs for Civilization IV brilliantly and I played that game a lot.

Comment

At least Sheldon can still make a clone. Thank you Penny. Thank you Leonard.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X