More uses for the MURC Keyfob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More uses for the MURC Keyfob

So I needed to charge my phone while out and about last night, and the only micro USB lead I had in my bag had a crushed USB connector. The metal shell was squashed down on to the PCB and bulging at the sides. Using a tiny suitcase key I was able to open up the gap and get the long side fairly parallel but the sides were still bulging. Murc-keyfob in hammer-mode to the rescue (much to the amusement/annoyance of all fellow diners as the tables resonate loudly when being hit) and it squared up nicely enabling me to get enough juice in to the phone to last the evening

It's the gift that keeps on giving
    FT.

LOL, nice story. I still have mine but not on the key-ring which I try to keep as small as possible (three keys, since 7 months four due to a mishap at the office that apparantly is hard to fix).
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
    X