Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atom (2015/2016, DC & CW [CW=CBS & Warner])

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atom (2015/2016, DC & CW [CW=CBS & Warner])

Another (Green) Arrow spinoff with Brandon Routh playing Ray Palmer/Atom

The CW is considering developing a show centered on DC Comics' Atom/Ray Palmer.

CW Eyeing DC Comics' Atom Series

Arrow and The Flash may soon have some super company at The CW.

The Powers That Be behind the popular DC Comics TV series are in very early talks about a possible show centered on Atom/Ray Palmer.

At the Television Critics Association winter press tour, executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg revealed that they are working on a very general idea related to the character Brandon Routh plays in Arrow.

In addition to his myriad comic book appearances, Ray/The Atom who can alter the size of his body as well as other objects has turned up in numerous animated series, including, most recently, Cartoon Networks Young Justice. Arrow marks one of the characters rare live-action incarnations.

CW president Mark Pedowitz obliquely referenced a possible Atom series during the panel, saying that the network would be judicious about expanding its DC fare. Could there be another hour in that universe? Possibly. As long as theres no audience fatigue.

The EPs wouldnt elaborate on the project after the panel, saying only they werent allowed to comment further.
    Routh, meanwhile, described playing Ray Palmer/The Atom as an amazing experience.
    When [the Arrow role] was proposed, I was hesitant to step into DC world again, said the former Superman Returns star. I never thought it would happen and that I would play, in my mind, a pivotal character.
    From an upcoming Arrow episode
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Awesome thanks Doc for the news!
    Do you notice how similar super hero powers are between DC and Marvel?

Atom=Ant Man
    The Flash=Quicksilver
    Green Arrow=Hawk Eye

And the list goes on....

Comment

Working...
    X