Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Wee's Big Holiday (Netflix)

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/01/21...ay-for-netflix

Pee Wee Herman is Back with New Feature Film Big Holiday for Netflix!

Pee Wee Herman is back! Sources tell me Paul Reubens is rounding up his old crew and casting for new some friends in his first feature film in a long time. Netflix will be making and showing the film, another incursion by Ted Sarandos and co. into the world of movie theaters.

Pee Wees Big Holiday is produced by Judd Apatow, along with Paul Reubens. Executive Producers are Josh Church and Richard Vane. The movie is written by Reubens and Paul Rust, and directed by John Lee.

Some of the characters include Pepper and Freckles, described as pretty and tough girls in their late 20s late 30s, who may also be bank robbers; Penny, an eccentric Katharine Hepburn type heiress. Shes described as a bit of a throwback to old Connecticut money from the 30s or 40s and should have a big personality. And Grizzly Bear a big bearded rugged Mountain man who has taken to the woods to live.
    >
    Its been 30 years since Pee Wees Big Adventure. The sequel came out in 1988. Reubens has worked on and off for years, memorably on Murphy Brown. The time seems right to bring it all back, and a Netflix feature could lead to a series.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Big Pee Wee fan. Was one of my favorite saturday morning shows.

OT
    Few years back was driving down Tamiami (US41) into Sarasota when my bud pointed out the "jack shack" where Paul was busted by Sarasota PD. The whole length of roadway from the Manatee county line to almost downtown Sarasota is hooker row. Was much much worse then but still a problem today. The only thing that appears to be working is the property values gross increase in value.

Heh value, what a cocked up term. Reality is all the real estate agents have valueated property based on the baby boomers retiring and set themselves up for huge profits. When the economy tanked, it started here first. Today dispite claims of recovery, property values are back to there peak prices back then, which happens to be double what they should be worth. If renting you are doubly screwed. Seeing that most apartment communities were renamed as condo's sold out for the greater profit margins. Today those condo's that had sold for 90k are valued by the banks at 15-20k and if renting runs a grand a month now up $300/m three years ago. The actual value is so low because of substandard construction, for example non concrete poured floors that are nothing but a single 3/4" sheet of plywood, no sub floor, no dampening and no glue used. Can you say loud creeky floors and if you are quiet the neighbors think they are too. That is until it sounds like their bed is about to fall through the ceiling ontop of you. My property manager comes off like a $20 whore claiming it's a thousand dollars.

/ot
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X