Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real time api conversion

Hello,

Is it possible to translate a web service API on the fly to a similar but different web service API?

Normally you have: client --API1-- server
    Is it possible to do something like this: client --API1<>API2-- different server

My issue is that I cannot change the client and it uses API1, and I would like to connect it to a different server that offers similar functionality but uses API2. The APIs offer similar functionality but are not fully compatible. While the whole API probably cannot be converted, I suspect the functionality I need can. I have the WSDL specification of the API1, and I have full access to API2 (open source).

I am thinking of using some mock server (SoapUI, mockable, web service mocker, mock-server) which I think should be possible to make from the API1 WSDL specification. The server should then convert the command and forward it, following API2 specifications. It seems most of these mocking tools are aimed at testing rather than conversion.

I have no experience with mocking such things, but any suggestions? Would this approach work at all? Any tools recommended for this?
    (I know it performance will take a hit, but that is of no importance, the system is local and has limited use)

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)
Working...
X