Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaling a web page in a frame

Hello,

On a browser, it is possible to set a scaling level, to change the size at which a webpage is rendered.

Is it possible to achieve a similar scaling for an embedded page (e.g. inside a frame or iframe)?

I would like to embed a webpage that renders quite small on high resolution displays. I do have access to the other webpage (it is the webinterface of a music server, running on PC), so I might be able to adjust some things in the source of it...

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I'm not the best web programmer, but I believe if you define your frames as a percentage of the window size it will scale.

I believe an iFrame may be what you're looking for. At least in the HTML5 world.

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
      I'm not the best web programmer, but I believe if you define your frames as a percentage of the window size it will scale.
      The frame scales with the window size, but the content is still rendered at 100% size. I would like to content to be rendered at e.g. 200% (just like a webbrowser allows you to zoom/scale)... The scaling of the content does not have to adjust, I just always would want it a larger rendering, as the default one is too small on a high resolution display.

I could zoom the browser, but this would mess up other parts that are in frames...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X