Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend in New York - What to do

Hi all,

I need to be in New York on Monday November 17th for a client. Thing is that tickets for Sunday are outrageously expensive, such that it'd be cheaper to fly in on Friday, including hotels and some allowance for amenities. But then, what to do? I've been to Manhatten twice for little bits and, although I have found a great Indian restaurant, all that concrete and steel does not really do it for me.

But I could rent a car Saturday morning and go for a bit of a very short road trip, grab a cheap motel on the way. Any thoughts?

Umf
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Not sure, but aren't Niagara Falls possible on a one day trip from NY?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Drive up the coast to Boston. Or even fly in to Boston and drive down
      FT.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
        Not sure, but aren't Niagara Falls possible on a one day trip from NY?
        Niagara is way too far for a drive from NY city. It's near Buffalo!

Comment

If you like opera you can also watch a show at the Met. La Boheme on Friday, Aida on Saturday.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Museum of Modern Art, Bowery Ballroom (up & coming acts), One World Trade Center complex, Empire State Building roof, Liberty Island.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X