Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerald City (NBC TV - 2015, a dark Oz), and others

http://deadline.com/2013/08/nbc-buys...season-570576/

A century after the release of L. Frank Baums Wizard Of Oz series, the books have become the toast of this TV development season. NBC just nabbed Emerald City, an Oz-themed drama from Siberia creator/showrunner Matthew Arnold. Two weeks ago, CBS put in development Dorothy, a medical soap inspired by the characters and themes from The Wizard of Oz. I hear there is another Oz drama making the rounds from Heroes alums Adam Armus and Nora Kay Foster, with Heroes creator Tim Kring supervising. And just last month, Syfy picked up for development a miniseries titled Warriors Of Oz from director Timur Bekmambetov, a fantasy-action reimagining of the classic story. The great interest in Wizard Of Oz is not entirely unexpected as the title has been getting a lot of attention in conjunction with the upcoming 75th anniversary of the classic 1939 feature, which will include a 3D re-release of the Judy Garland starrer. It also comes on the heels of the success of Oz The Great And Powerful earlier this year.
    [/img]

http://deadline.com/2013/08/nbc-buys...season-570576/

A century after the release of L. Frank Baums Wizard Of Oz series, the books have become the toast of this TV development season. NBC just nabbed Emerald City, an Oz-themed drama from Siberia creator/showrunner Matthew Arnold. Two weeks ago, CBS put in development Dorothy, a medical soap inspired by the characters and themes from The Wizard of Oz. I hear there is another Oz drama making the rounds from Heroes alums Adam Armus and Nora Kay Foster, with Heroes creator Tim Kring supervising. And just last month, Syfy picked up for development a miniseries titled Warriors Of Oz from director Timur Bekmambetov, a fantasy-action reimagining of the classic story. The great interest in Wizard Of Oz is not entirely unexpected as the title has been getting a lot of attention in conjunction with the upcoming 75th anniversary of the classic 1939 feature, which will include a 3D re-release of the Judy Garland starrer. It also comes on the heels of the success of Oz The Great And Powerful earlier this year.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 August 2014, 01:08.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

And now....

NBC wont be heading for Oz. The network has opted not to proceed with Emerald City, its 10-episode Oz-themed drama series, which had been ordered straight-to-series for next season.

I hear after several backup scripts had been produced, there was a difference in vision between NBC brass and Friedman about what the show should be, leading to NBCs decision to not go forward with it.

Word is that Universal Television, which developed the project and is producing it, is still high on it and may shop it elsewhere.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Maybe that's for the best. TV ruins everything.

Comment

Working...
      X