Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More needless remake-itis

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=103057

Tracking-board.com is claiming that the star and director of Lone Survivor will reteam for Universal's next attempt at making The Six Million Dollar Man film.

"Were hearing that Mark Wahlberg will star in Universal Pictures film remake of the 1970s sci-fi TV series THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN. The story follows an astronaut, Steve Austin, whose body is rebuilt with cybernetic technology after a traumatic injury from an aircraft crash.Peter Berg is attached to produce and possibly direct if the project comes together. Harvey Weinstein is also attached in some producing capacity." - Donna Whitehead

The Six Million Dollar Man is an American television series about a cyborg working for the OSI starring Lee Majors as Steve Austin. The show was based on the novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin. It was initially aired on the ABC network for five seasons between 1974 to 1978, following three television pilot movies in 1973. The series spawned a spinoff, The Bionic Woman, in 1976 and was also the subject of three made-for-television reunion films in the 1980s and 90s
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Well the Bionic Woman remake flopped after one season. We'll see how this goes

Comment

LOL @ the Jesus Facepalm pic, did not know that one, it is nice.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I'll bet there aren't many murcers who didn't try to recreate the bionic sound as a child...and then again as an adult (Except Brian, he was always an adult!)
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
          ...Except Brian, he was always an adult!
          No, it was just that they didn't have automobiles, electricity or running water when he was a child... ~Duck and Cover~
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

The original was so low budget looking and cheesey that I think there is scope to make a decent version effects wise, however with inflation it should be the 6 billion dollar man

Comment

Wasn't Jim Carrey being considered for a tongue-in-cheek remake called The Six Billion Dollar Man?

Comment

This seems appropriate.

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.

Language may not be safe for work.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                  I'll bet there aren't many murcers who didn't try to recreate the bionic sound as a child...and then again as an adult (Except Brian, he was always an adult!)
                  Many, many times lol and you have to be moving slowly as well, to give the full effect.
                  I think the last time was at a wedding, alcohol helped
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                  X