Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sense8 (Netflix, Wachowski's & J.M. Straczynski)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sense8 (Netflix, Wachowski's & J.M. Straczynski)

Netflix has green-lit a new science fiction series titled Sense8 from Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski and the Wachowskis (The Matrix). The series has been given an order for 10 episodes and is set to air on the streaming servince in late 2014. Sense8 joins a rapidly growing line up of original series at Netflix which also includes House of Cards, Orange Is The New Black and Hemlock Grove.

Sense8 has been described as “a gripping global tale of minds linked and souls hunted” and is being produced by Georgeville Television and Straczynski’s recently launched shingle Studio JMS. The series marks the first foray into television by the Wachowskis (best known for their work on The Matrix film series) and is the first TV series to be produced by Straczynski’s production company. Georgeville’s Marc Rosen, Leon Clarance, and Deepak Nayar will serve as executive producers

“Andy and Lana Wachowski and Joe Straczynski are among the most imaginative writers and gifted visual storytellers of our time,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “Their incredible creations are favorites of Netflix members globally and we can’t wait to bring Sense8 to life.”

Andy and Lana Wachowski commented: “We’re excited to work with Netflix and Georgeville Television on this project, and we’ve wanted to work with Joe Straczynski for years, chiefly due to the fact his name is harder to pronounce than ours, but also because we share a love of genre and all things nerdy. Several years ago, we had a late night conversation about the ways technology simultaneously unites and divides us, and out of that paradox Sense8 was born.”

While J. Michael Straczynski added: “We are proud to be working with Netflix on this new series,” said Straczynski. ”Lana, Andy, and I are fans of each other’s creations, and have been looking for something to do together for nearly a decade.”
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

More....

>
    The cast will include Naveen Andrews ("LOST"), Daryl Hannah, Brian J. Smith ("Stargate Universe"), Tuppence Middleton (Jupiter Ascending), Aml Ameen, Freema Agyeman, Tena Desae, Doona Bae, Max Riemelt, Alfonso Herrera, Erendira Ibarra, Jamie Clayton, Miguel Silvestri and Terrence Mann.

"The series follows eight characters around the world who, in the aftermath of a tragic death, find themselves linked to each other mentally and emotionally," said Straczynski. "They can not only see and talk to each other as though they were in the same place, they have access to each other's deepest secrets. Not only must they figure out what happened and why and what it means for the future of humanity, they must do so while being hunted by an organization out to capture, kill or vivisect them."
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X