Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flash + Green Lantern (TV movie - CW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flash + Green Lantern (TV movie - CW)

The title should be The Brave and the Bold, and be the start of a series of films to introduce audiences to the larger DC-verse.

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com...n-cw-movie-way

Three days ago saw a reported schedule released for the Warner Bros. DC Comics movies. Among the list was a Flash and Green Lantern team-up said to be coming Christmas 2017.

Following the article, we were told that some of the list actually included TV movies.

Now it's been confirmed to us by a source close to WB that the Flash and Green Lantern team-up will be a TV movie on the CW. We know that Grant Gustin recently debuted as Barry Allen in Season 2 of Arrow, and The Flash series premiers this Fall on the CW.

Green Lantern has already been hinted at in the Arrow universe with mention of Coast City and Ferris Air. Last year saw Arrow EP Marc Guggenheim mention that using Green Lantern is something they have definitely talked about. As both are set in the Arrow universe, we are guessing it's also possible the TV movie could feature Stephen Amell as well.

Amell is also set appear in the pilot episode of The Flash.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Would you say that uptake in hero movies is the result of Americans noticing that their country has changed from 1940s and 1950s, the times of Roosevelt and Ike when these heroes were conceived and people would like to invoke Jungian archetypes they feel the country needs?

I see for example that even Star Trek reboot cast has become more shoot from the hip, beat up the bad guys, than explore and help progress.

Comment

Not really, and the 1940's is not comparable to the 1950-1970's timeframe. The 1940's comics were more like Mickey Spillane crime stories than later comics. Batman carried sidearms etc. In the 1950-1970's complaints about the violence brought on the Comics Code and things got lighter until the late 1970's to 1980's, culminating with the silliness of SuperFriends, the Batman TV show etc.

Also, these types of characters go back centuries; Robin Hood, Scarlet Pimpernel, Zorro, The Cisco Kid etc. all led to Batman, Green Arrow and the other masked vigilantes. Even a few supernatural ones from classical literature are akin to our superheroes; Achilles, Hercules, etc.

The comics evolved into the graphic novel form in the 1980's, and they're not all about superheroes. Example: The Road To Perdition, the Tom Hanks film, and many other films were graphic novels. Sin City?,Yup. DC's Watchmen is considered one of the top 100 American novels of the last 60 years.

Most of these characters are now in the graphic novel style even if in a "comic". They are much more adult oriented than the so-called "Silver Age" comics of the 1950's to 1970's, very involved relationships and the plots very complex.

So, save the psychoanalysis. The graphic novel and the characters just have interesting, complex, often metaphorical, stories people get engaged in. The movies just bring them to life..
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 June 2014, 22:56.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X