Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Voyage (201x) [JamesCameron, David S. Goyer]

David Goyer Joins James Cameron for*Fantastic Voyage

David Goyer*is joining*James Cameron*on*The Fantastic Voyage.

Goyer, who has guided the screen story for*The Dark Knight*trilogy and*Man of Steel,has been tapped to write the treatment for the remake of the 1966 sci-fi classic which is being made by Fox and Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment.

Cameron,*Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini*are producing through their Lightstorm banner. Goyer will also executive produce.

Voyage*has long been in development and has seen many a scribe come and go,*Shane Salerno, Cormac*andMarianne Wibberly,*and*Laeta Kalogridis*among them.

The project has been quiet since 2011 but Goyer's involvement kick-starts and will re-engineer what the studio and producers hope to be an event-sized tentpole. It is also now placing the project on the fast track.

Matt Reilly*is the studio's point man on the project.

Voyage*revolves around a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life. The original movie was set during the Cold War, and the scientist was a defector who was in a coma after an assassination attempt.

Goyer, a screenwriter in his own right, has made a name for himself as an architect for tentpoles and franchises. He is writing the screenplay and wrote the story for Warner Bros.; sequel to*Man of Steel, the so-far-untitled Batman-Superman movie. He also wrote the treatment for*Sandman, adapting the DC/Vertigo series as a*possible directing vehicle for*Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He is attached to direct*The Breachfor Lionsgate.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

When there was that writers strike a few years ago, there must have been a complete massacre, beacause it seems no-one is writing anything new, years on.

"Ooh, lets see what else we can remake...." FFS.

I watched Robocop, and I still MUCH prefer the original with Peter Weller. like 99% better.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Captain Harlock and The Wind Rises are in the Wild if you don't know what to watch. The subtitles for The Wind rises seem like someone ran them through Google translate though, so wait for better ones.

Comment

Harlock - renders great, story has huge plot holes. Worth watching just for the renders and you guys here generally like explosions.

Comment

Working...
        X