Farscape (TV, sequel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farscape (TV, sequel)

It’s being reported that Justin Monjo, who wrote several episodes of the original Farscape series, is working on a screenplay for a new Farscape film (likely a TV movie) which would pick up the story of John Crichton and company several years after the end of the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries.

The report comes via screenwriter news site if.com.au, and also notes Monjo is penning the pilot for HBO’s new Peter Dinklage-led sci-fi/fantasy project The Beasts of Valhalla. That sounds cool, too, but what has us chomping at the bit is the thought of some new Farscape adventures.

The plot line is pretty thin at the moment, though Monjo has apparently revealed the story will follow John and Aeryn’s 19-year-old son, who is discovered in hiding and forced to rejoin his parents on their spaceship. The project will apparently be directed by Brian Henson, with Jim Henson Productions. Henson served as a producer for Farscape’s entire run, though his directorial credits are a bit thin, with just a handful of scattered television episodes on the list.

This is obviously great news, and we’re psyched to hear there’s momentum to bring Farscape back to life, but there’s no obvious indication that series creator Rockne S. O’Bannon (Revolution, Defiance) is involved in any meaningful way. He was the heart and soul of the series, and we just hope Monjo and Henson make it a point to involve him if this actually gets off the ground.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Farscape was cancelled for a reason! They should bring back Firefly instead!

Comment

Bring them both back..
      paulw

Comment

Farscape had its moments. And I liked the initial idea: astronaut accidently succeds in opening a wormhole... The puppets sometimes were a bit too muppety though, but it wasn't bad. Might be a nice concept for a remake.
        Firefly was good, but not sure if it should return: would they still meet the same level, without repeating themselves?
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

To bring back Firefly you'd almost have to pretend the movie never happened or set it all before the movie. It just wouldn't be Firefly without Wash or even Book.

Farscape on the other hand... I never found it to be that great of a show. It was ok and like VJ said, had a decent premise, but always felt like it would have a limited audience. A (TV) movie might be a fun time though.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
          X