Dell U2713HM cross hatching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell U2713HM cross hatching

As you might know, I bought my wife a photo editing workstation a few months back. The monitor I chose after much consideration and reviews I'v read was the mentioned U2713HM. Well, I got screwed royally. Reviews don't mention this specific model is plagued with a problem called cross hatching, you can find it all over google if you look up 'dell cross hatching'.
    My experience so far: got a replacement monitor with even worse cross hatching + light bleeding (yay!). When I asked for a replacement, they claimed they need to check the monitor in their lab... I'll just paste the last communication we've had for your reading pleasure:

On Feb 9, 2014 1:03 PM, <Israel_Info@dell.com> wrote:

Hello Anan,

DELL cannot offer a replacement for your monitor, while yours is in the lab.

You can send your monitor to “YEAL LABS” for a recheck.
    My reply:
    Let me recap, your technician came, saw the problems which are well known and documented, on a monitor which is still under your so called guarantee, yet you think it's fair to disable my workstation for nearly a week while you reconfirm something you already know? Great service indeed, I'll be sure to recommend your service and products to my friends. I told your technician he brought me a faulty replacement monitor when he came the first time and he admitted it. It's your problem you can't supply a working product!
    Will keep you posted as the saga continues...
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Salvage this.

If another replacement will be bad, then possible get money back or if that is not possible, exchange it for something neutral such as laptop or desktop and sell it.

I've got several HP 2475ws for CAD guys at some customers and they are good.

Also I recommended U2410 to some friend and he bought 3 for himself, wife and daughter - obviously he's happy with them. I haven't seen them in person yet.

Otherwise the company which represents Dell in Slovenia sucks majorly.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 9 February 2014, 06:23.

Comment

Lousy service sucks!

Happy I don;t have (or see, may be too blind) such issues on my U2713HM. Rev A00. Business use, no graphics.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Received a phone call, they actually believe their service is above and beyond. Faulty monitor replaced by a faultier monitor and now they want me to stay without a monitor for a few days, disabling my computer. Great idea Dell, really! And once they 'confirm' the fault? They'll open a new box and supply me a replacement monitor that could be in a worse condition than the previous two! DELL SUCKS.

Comment

Sorry to hear Tx,

Dell is unfortunately notorious of late (last 6-9 months) with regards to the lower cost HM that you purhcased. Even going as far as pulling swap service for it if it's only backlight bleed issues. Technically speaking, they could have refused to do anything about the backlight bleed entirely as it's in their small print these days. Even pixel defects were being heavily overlooked.

If you can, try salvage as UtwigMU suggested if there's no love going on there. And try grab one of the more reliable monitors. Asus PB/PA278Q, Dell 2713H (Not the HM), Samsung (Forget the number at moment). Any of these should fit your bill fine. Asus is the cheapest one (PB version, PA is 10bit colour, etc, and costs more).

J1NG

Comment

Thanks for the advise J1NG

Comment

The Samsung is the S27B971D, this is the equivalent of the Asus, but has a slightly glossy panel/glass (Which will likely cause glare in some cases) and is usually fine tuned by Samsung to fine detail (as it's their own panel).

The Asus is non-glare light matte (both versions), The Dell is lightish matte (if I remember correctly), and the Samsung is glossy (glass/mirrored).

Price in UK is usually Asus PB, Dell, Samsung, Asus PA (lowest to highest).

Hopefully it's not too different from where you are.

J1NG

Comment

Working...
              X