Ghost In The Shell (2017, Dreamworks) [TRAILER]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost In The Shell (2017, Dreamworks) [TRAILER]

Produced by some of the same folks who do the Marvel films.

Rupert Sanders Set To Helm ‘Ghost In The Shell’ For DreamWorks

EXCLUSIVE:*DreamWorks*has made a deal withSnow White And The Huntsman*helmer*Rupert Sanders*to direct*Ghost In The Shell, a live-action film based on the Japanese manga futuristic police thriller that has a new script from William Wheeler. The film is being produced by Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul. Fueled by the personal passion of*Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks acquired the project several years ago with ambitious plans to shoot it in 3D.

Created by Masamune Shirow,*Ghost in the Shell*was first published in 1989 by Kodansha, one of the largest publishing companies in Japan. It went on to generate two additional manga editions, three anime film adaptations, an anime TV series and three videogames. DreamWorks released the second anime film.

The story follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Looking forward to seeing even more of Rinko Kikuchi....
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

She's hot, but the headlights are a bit small for the Major.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Name one American remake of Japanese original that is better

Comment

The Grudge and Magnificent Seven (Seven Samurai) would be close. The US version of The Grudge is more frightening IMO.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Scarlett Johansson Offered Ghost in the Shell!

Although The Wolf of Wall Street's Margot Robbie was said to be up for the role earlier this year, Deadline is now reporting that Lucy and Marvel's The Avengers's Scarlett Johansson has been offered the leading role in DreamWorks' live-action adaptation of the popular manga Ghost in the Shell. Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders will helm the feature from a script by William Wheeler, based on the series by Masamune Shirow.

Produced by Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul and with the backing of Steven Spielberg, the rights to Shirow's original 1989 complex futuristic thriller, about the members of a covert ops unit that takes on technology-related crime, were picked up several years ago with plans to use the latest 3D technology to film it. In Japan, the huge success of the comics led to a number of anime film adaptations, a TV series and a series of video games with DreamWorks releasing the second anime film in North America.

It remains to be seen whether or not Johansson will take the part, although Robbie is now said to be out of the running altogether, instead targeting a role in director David Ayer's upcoming DC Comics adaptation, Suicide Squad.

Johansson, who also starred this year in Under the Skin and Captain America: The Winter Soldier will soon be reprising her Marvel Cinematic Universe role in next summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Trailer

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Woah....the shelling sequence (applying her cybershell)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I want to like... but I don't know that I do. I'm on the fence with this one.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                  X