RIP Paul Walker (40, Fast & Furious)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Paul Walker (40, Fast & Furious)

The L.A. Times is a leading source of breaking news, entertainment, sports, politics, and more for Southern California and the world.

SANTA CLARITA — A publicist for actor Paul Walker says the star of the “Fast & Furious” movie series has died in a car crash north of Los Angeles. He was 40.

Ame Van Iden says Walker died Saturday afternoon.

A statement on Walker's Facebook page said Walker was a passenger in a friend's car, and that the crash happened while he was attending a charity event.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said the crash happened in community of Valencia. The Santa Clarita Signal reports a red Porsche crashed into a light pole and tree and burst into flames.

Walker was working on the latest “Fast & Furious” movie at the time of his death. He also starred in the suspense drama, “Hours,” a movie that is set for release this month.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

what an horrible end, hope Porsche gets some flak for the car becoming a death trap...
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

With that kind of damaga, I wonder about whether the driver might deserve some flak. Or the driver of the truck that drove over them.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

AIUI the Carrera GT has a tendency to overs-steer, and you certainly have to wonder about the trustworthiness of the fuel cutoff system.

Driver was former racer Roger Rodas.

The alleged driver of the car that was involved in a crash that killed Paul Walker has been identified as former race car driver Roger Rodas, according to a Santa…

The alleged driver of the car that was involved in a crash that killed Paul Walker has been identified as former race car driver Roger Rodas, according to a Santa Clarita radio station with sources close to the situation.

Roger was the CEO of the company Always Evolving, a car customization shop. The charity event for Reach Out Worldwide was being held at the company’s headquarters in Santa Clarita that afternoon when he went for a drive with Paul in a Porsche Carrera GT, which happens to be one of Roger‘s favorite cars. Both of them died in the crash after the car exploded into flames.

The friends had met when they raced cars together at the Pirelli World Challenge series years ago.

We send our continued thoughts and prayers to both Paul and Roger‘s families during this difficult time.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 December 2013, 10:32.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Fuel cut off system isnt to blame.
          Where is the fuel tank on a Porsche ?
          Either in the front, or under the seats, either way, is was probably compromised.
          Also, the car wasnt cut in two by the Firemen. Probably the pole they hit.
          Inquiry will surely tell.
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Oversteer? At what kind of speeds?
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
            X