Lifeforce (TV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifeforce (TV)

Because of (major hottie) Mathilda May's wardrobe consisting of only what God gave her, numerous teenage boys wore out many Lifeforce VHS tapes back in the day

Ringleader Studios Acquires Colin Wilson’s ‘Space Vampires’ For ‘Lifeforce’ TV Series

EXCLUSIVE: Beverly Hills-based Ringleader Studios (The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes) has acquired rights to adapt Colin Wilson’s 1976 novel The Space Vampires for television. The intergalactic sci-fi tale previously got the feature film treatment in Tobe Hooper’s 1985 pic Lifeforce, starring Steve Railsback, Patrick Stewart, and Mathilda May. Ringleader is plotting a small-screen episodic series, also titled Lifeforce, as well as a graphic novel, video game, and additional media tie-ins. Plot follows a group of astronauts who discover a derelict spaceship and return to Earth with three humanoid aliens that unleash a life-sucking plague upon humanity. Ex-Electronic Gaming Monthly editor and Ringleader Studios founder Steve Harris will exec produce. Al Zuckerman of Writers House negotiated the deal on behalf of Colin and Joy Wilson.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 November 2013, 16:09.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
    ...numerous teenage boys wore out many Lifeforce VHS tapes back in the day...
    I *ahem* have no clue what you're talking about...

I actually saw this Lifeforce again earlier this year and it was still quite enjoyable all things considered. I always thought it was ripe for a remake/re-imagining. I would hope this TV incarnation ends up on HBO, Showtime, or perhaps even AMC with a set number of seasons, but I doubt that will happen.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
    X