Massive Unidentified Sea Monster caught on Oil-Rig Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Unidentified Sea Monster caught on Oil-Rig Cam

It could be a fishing net - but it seems to move under its own control.
    A mysterious ocean 'blob' has been recorded by a deep-sea remote-controlled underwater camera.

The creature looks like nothing seen before, with speculators suggesting it is everything from a jellyfish to the remains of a whale placenta.

Massive Unidentified Sea Monster caught on Oil-Rig Cam
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

I was thinking weird oil-spill chemical blob but that "belly" feature looks a little too well-structured. And it doesn't quite look like an umbilicus.

Add the Seaview pinging away with its active sonar, and you've got an episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Comment

large sheet of clear plastic , with algae growing over to give a texture and colour?
      when some of the edge stretchs it becomes a line...not really an organic feature

Comment

Experts have confirmed that the creature is a rarely studied jelly fish known as Deepstaria Enigmatica. Baffled experts suggested it was everything from the remains of a whale placenta to a fishing net.

A mysterious ocean 'blob', recorded by a deep-sea remote-controlled underwater camera, has been identified as a jelly fish.
        When a Youtube video of the creature was posted last month speculators suggested it was everything from the remains of a whale placenta to a fishing net.
        However, experts have now confirmed that the ‘sea monster’ is, in fact, a rarely studied jelly fish known as Deepstaria Enigmatica.

The creature created a mystery as it has organs and appendages never spotted on a jellyfish before.
        The jellyfish, which are approximately 60cm in width, are rarely seen intact, explains Steven Haddock from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute.
        'This bag-like jelly is not that rare, but is large, so rarely seen intact,' Haddock writes on the JellyWatch Facebook page.
        'In the video, the swirling from the sub makes the medusa appear to undulate, and it even turns inside-out.'
        Another expert, Craig McClain from the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center, explains that the confusing whitish lumps seen in the video are the jellyfish’s testicles.
        The jellyfish was reportedly filmed during deep-sea drilling near the United Kingdom. The species is usually found approximately 5,000 feet below in the south Atlantic Ocean.

Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

If it's the Daily Mail, it can't be true!
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
            If it's the Daily Mail, it can't be true!
            I have to admit I was pretty skeptical, given the source. But they quoted real people from real places, and I found vids of it from last March identifying it as such.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Another one, quite an old video, but I just saw it:
              Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X