Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which soundcards would you be able to hook up an MDPlayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which soundcards would you be able to hook up an MDPlayer?

A friend is looking to get a new budget box comp to replace his 486. I have a good idea what to get for most of the components, but need some info on soundcards. About the only thing he wants with this soundcard is to create and listen to music. Games are not important.
    I would like to know if the SB Live Value has the proper connectors, or only the SB Live MP3+/Plat/Gamer cards can do this(from Creative of course)?
    Thanks in advance.

[Nearly forgot. Can the Aureal cards do this? Would I have to get a daughter card to do it? Not looking for an expensive card that I *might* have to buy another card...]

[This message has been edited by Grail (edited 27 March 2000).]
    Epox 8RDA+
    AMD XP 2500+ w/ Alpha PAL 8045
    512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    ATI 8500 64mb
    Hercules Fortissimo II
    Tekram DC-315U
    Pioneer DVD 303S
    Pioneer DVR-106
    Zip100 Internal
    Logitech MX 500 Mouse
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80 gig HD
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 gig HD
    LG Flatron 795FT+
    Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones
    Altec Lansing 641 Speakers

I wasn't aware that the SB Live's could do it either, unless your talking about plugging them into a component type MDplayer, I have a portable Sharp, and cannot plug in directly into my SB Live! without buying a specially modifed cable that costs close to $60.00 US dollars for it. I recently bought a Turtle Beach Montego II Quadzilla for the better SPD/IF connector to hook up to an ADAT 8 track machine for audio. Haven't tried to hook up the MD since, maybe I should investigate again.
    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Does the MD player/recorder have optical connectors? The SBLive Platinum has this neat 5,25" LiveDrive with both optical and coaxial digital I/O connectors. I have a small Sony MD recorder connected to its optical LineIn with the optical LineOut of the Live! Unfortunately the recorder does not have a digital output back to record data on the computer.

Regards, Alegria

------------------
      The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
      Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
      Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
      X